The club meets every Wednesday evening at Terrey Hills, starting about 7.30pm.
- The second Wednesday of every month (except January) is a business meeting – 8pm. Google Hangouts video conferences are often used for travelling members or members who can’t attend in person (typically on babysitting duties!).
- The third Wednesday of every month (except December) is lecture night – 8pm. See the blog for details of lectures, and please visit our YouTube channel.
- Every other meeting is casual.
- When there is a 5th Wednesday in the month, a themed Show & Tell competition is organised.
- Visitors are always welcome, you don’t need to be an Amateur Radio Operator.
The club hosts regular training weekends for the Amateur Radio operator’s Foundation Licence, as well as exam sessions for those wishing to upgrade to other licence levels. See the Education page for more details.
As well as club meetings, and just “hamming it up” on the air, the Society and its members participate in a number of special event activities every year, for example:
- Various Amateur Radio contests throughout the year
- The International Lighthouse and Lightship Weekend (mid-August)
- JOTA – the International Scouts’ and Guides’ Jamboree on the Air (late October)