(apologies, no one took a picture)
AGM was held Wednesday 12-July-2017. New President’s update!
Dear members and friends of the MWRS,
The club’s AGM was held on Wednesday 12th July this week and the people listed below were elected as office bearers and coordinators for the coming year. As you can see, a mix of new and old faces.
I will be your president for the next year. As a relative newbie to the club I am very relieved to have the support of so many long term members as coordinators and the many unsung heroes who just get on with things.
For those of you that have not met me a short bio:
I born in Cape Town, South Africa and studied chemistry at the University of Cape Town. I was originally licenced in 1975 as ZS1MO in the final year of my undergraduate degree. I was quite active for a period before moving to Australia in 1990, working for ICI (now Orica). Fortunately I was able to get my South African licence recognised as a full Australian licence. I was inactive for many years with job and family commitments and decided to get active on ham radio about three years ago. Best decision I made, particularly joining the MWRS. I am a self-employed consultant working mainly in the area of safety in commercial (mining explosives)! I live in North Epping, married to Diana and have two boys, aged in their late twenties (one still at home)!! We are all Australian citizens and loving it. In case you ask, that means that I do support Australia in all sports, particularly cricket and rugby union!
Office Bearers and Coordinators for 2017 – 2018
- President: Michael (Mike) du Plessis VK2UCT
- Vice President: David Burger VK2CZ / Rod Miller VK2ZZM
- Secretary: Des Cottle VK2TGJ
- Treasurer: Richard Ames VK2NRA
- Public Officer: Tim Jensen VK2BT
- Publicity Officer: Richard Murnane VK2SKY
- Packet/Data Officer: Matt Maguire VK2RQ
- Membership Officer: Dom Bragge VK2JNA
- Repeater Officer: Geoff Van der Wagen VK2AVR
- HF Officer: Greg Lee VK2XE
- Social Officer: Malcolm Faed VK2TMF
- Lead Trainer/examiner: Mark Plowman VK2MP
- Other trainer/examiner: Chris Lobb VK2YY / Michael Du Plessis VK2UCT / Tim White VK2AAA
- Lecture Coordinator: John Douglas VK2ZWD
- Web page admin: Carlo Nizeti VK2MXC
- JOTA Coordinator: Jeff Keating VK2MZZ
- Patron: Rob Stokes MP MLA http://www.robstokes.com.au/
73 Mike Vk2UCT